Matthew T. Peterson, Executive Director
Matthew T. Peterson serves as the Executive Director at Blue Ridge Habitat for Humanity, Virginia. Matt is responsible for promoting the overall Affiliate vision and direction and ensuring its ability to increasingly serve families in need with simple, decent, affordable housing.
Prior to joining Habitat for Humanity, Matt served as the Deputy to the President & CEO at Project HOPE. As a key member of the senior leadership team, Matt was responsible for broadening the impact of leadership in the execution of the organization's mission and strategic plan. Prior to this role, for seven years Matt was the Senior Manager for Volunteer Operations. He managed Project HOPE’s global volunteer program and developed new humanitarian assistance and global health programs around the world.
Prior to Project HOPE, Matt served as a medical operations officer in the US Army for nine years, from October 1995 to October 2004. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology (pre-med) from the University of Miami, FL in 1994 and his Master’s degree in International Affairs from the Yonsei University Graduate School of International Studies in Seoul, the Republic of Korea in 2006. He also holds the Certificate in Volunteer Administration.
Main Office Staff
- Greg Shanholtz, Director of Construction and Safety
- Jamie Owens, Construction Manager
- Mehgan Runion, Repair Coordinator
- Julia Fielding, Director of Program Services
- Jeff Kenney, Director of Finance and IT
- Kimberley Wilt, Director of Development and Marketing
- Ryan Hall, Marketing Coordinator
- Charlotte Washington, Office Manager
- Terry Woodard, Front Desk Receptionist
- Cathleen Henderson, ReStore Director
- Pete Fravel, ReStore Manager
- Andre Thompson, ReStore Assistant Manager
- Julie Boulais, Coordinator of Outside Sales
- Steve Bullock, ReStore Operations Associate
- Travon Foulks, ReStore Operations Associate
- Eduardo Arce, ReStore Operations Associate
- Joe Pastelok, ReStore Operations Associate
- Tim Ritter, ReStore Operations Associate
- Karin Vaughn, ReStore Operations Associate