Building a home alongside other volunteers and partner families is a rewarding way of getting to know our community! Volunteers participate in construction on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 8:30 am until 2:00 pm. No construction experience is necessary, we’re here to help! We have a site supervisor and crew leaders on each construction site who will give you instructions and help you get started. These leaders will always be available to answer any questions and provide you with support throughout the day.
Construction Volunteer Policies
- Volunteers ages 16 and older are welcome on our construction sites!
- Volunteers must complete our Volunteer Waiver form. Download the 2018 Release of Liability Confidentiality Form.
- Volunteers ages 17 and under must also have a Parent/Guardian signature on their waiver form and are not authorized to use power tools.
What to Expect as a Construction Volunteer
- We provide an orientation and safety briefing before volunteers start working.
- Dress for the weather. No loose clothing. Closed-toed shoes are a must. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- You may work alongside a Habitat Winchester-Frederick-Clarke partner family.
- HFHWFC provides safety gear, building materials, tools and supervision.
- We provide water.
Please note: A build day will only be cancelled if the weather conditions or home build site are unsafe for volunteers and staff.
Volunteering as a Group
Community, faith, corporate, service, and other groups can sponsor an exclusive build day and volunteer as a group. Please see our Sponsorship Opportunities for additional information.
Faith, civic and community groups:
Please email the Director of Program Services for further information. Or, call the office at 540.662.7066.
Please email the Development Director to begin the coordination process. Or, call the office at 540.662.7066.